Sunday

No second chance


Life shouldn’t be a race my friend,
Life should be a dance.
Don’t rush toward the tape my friend
There is no second chance.

Life is precious, far too short
so cherish every minute.
Don’t wish the days and weeks away,
you’ll too soon reach your limit.

It’s no rehearsal, this is it.
When this day’s gone it’s passed.
Life plays us tricks, it has no heart,
this day could be your last'

Don’t race through life, it won’t last long.
Don’t rush, prefer to dance.
And savour every moment friend,
you’ll get no second chance.

4 comments:

rebecca said...

very well said, keith. i especially liked "don't rush, prefer to dance."

Granny Smith said...

Wow! By clicking on your poetry site, I qas delighted to find this poem. I, too, prefer to write formal poetry. I quite uncomfortable with free verse, although I use it occasionally - as I did in this week's Sunday Scribblings.

Rob Kistner said...

Keith - this is wonderful... ;) Well done!

charmaine santiago said...

life is too short... really. btw, that's great news! you visiting your son next month! i hope you'll enjoy your stay here.