Saturday

FRIENDSHIP


I used to have a ginger cat
First friend I ever made.
Got squashed outside my house one night,
I scraped him up with a spade.

I had a friend at junior school
I called him Sunny Jim.
One day he took off with my girlfriend
That’s the last I saw of him.

When I got my first job
I made a friend of my boss
We fell out when he sacked me
That made me awfully cross.

When I left home to work away
I shared my flat with mates
But they were always in the way
And ruined all my dates.

So when I got my own place
I had a friend called Jane,
She let me down -
I threw her out..
I went to live in Spain.

I made a friend in Barcelona
A Spanish senorita
At least that’s what I thought she was
‘til I found her name was Rita.

Let’s find a friend I said one day,
a friend I can rely on.
A friend that I can take to bed
A friend that I can lye on!

I got a local paper
Wrote a ‘lonely heart’,
I waited for the telephone
New friend, new life, new start.

I got a date, hooray I said
I’ll keep her if I can
But once again my plan went wrong
Turned out to be a man.

All my life it’s been the same
Friends have let me down.
Girlfriends, wives and drinking pals
White ones, black ones, brown.

But now I have a real friend
Someone who knows my mind
Someone who thinks like I do
Someone who’s really kind.

A friend who’s always by my side
A friend who’ll never flee
A friend who knows just what I want
My new best friend is me.

2 comments:

Head Cookie said...

I think it is safe to stay with old faithful and that is you lol.

Pri said...

*pri stands up and applauds* :D
wonderful!!

its true, while everyone have their own selfish interests, the only person we can completely conide in is ourselves...
wayy to go!
loved this one...:)