Friday

DREAMS


We live two lives. Two different lives.
During our waking hours we go about our daily toil.
We work, we play. We do the things we have to do.
Every day.
Circumstances determine our direction
yet we ultimately dictate our own destiny.

We have another world.
A world which we escape to.
A world we enter when we sleep.
One which exists only in our mind .
One in which the people we meet are unaware that we have met.
And the impossible happens.
The dream.

Last night I was a teacher.
Last week I went to Spain
Last month I led an orchestra
Last year I flew a plane.

In my dreams I can be anyone.Anything. Anywhere!
Some dreams delight but others scare.
There is a thin line between bliss and the stuff of nightmares.
Some mornings I awake frustrated that my alarm has interrupted a magic adventure. Sometimes relief when I find my torment was unreal.

The dream - an inspiration to writers of songs.
'In dreams I walk with you’
‘Sweet dreams are made of this’
‘Dream lover where are you’.

‘I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine any time night or day.
The only trouble is - gee wiz- I’m dreaming my life away’
.
The dream inspired the idealists and visionaries of our time.

'I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character’

I had a dream the other night
A dream that made me scared
I had a dream , I had a fright
A dream I wish I’d shared.

Dreams can be vivid. Often the gulf between reality and the imaginary can blur. Did I go there, or did I dream it? Did I say that? I hope I dreamt it. Why did I do that? I wish I’d dreamt it.

The other night I dreamt I fell,
and fell and fell into a well.
Faster faster down I dropped'
but then I woke,my falling stopped.
Phew!

Two lives - two worlds.

No comments: