Thursday

A cup of coffee in Hampden Park

I missed my train,how stupid.
Now I have to wait
But what to do?
Ah - there’s a cafe,
a cup of coffee I think

Look therein the middle of the road
One man digging a holerat-a-tat-a-tat
two men peering in

What's that shop opposite?
a party shop I think
‘Balloons’ it says on the window.
And right next door
A hair stylistJazz it’s called
Late night Wednesdays
no appointment necessary
That shop over therehas a funny name
Key-pic’ Clean it says
Must be a dry cleaner
I’d have called itKeep-IT Clean
if it were mine

Just look at that
a sandwich bar
Painted bright red!
Another odd nameThe Filling Station
Oh, I get it
quite clever really

What’s that next door?
Oh, a carpet shop
Samples hanging on a hook
outside on the wall
There’s a sign in the window
‘Sale’ it says
Do my eyes deceive me?
Another shop called Jazz?
This one seems to be a barbers shop
If I had time I’d call in
.
The cars are queuing now
the railway gates are down
A train’s about to cross the road
but not my train
I have to wait another thirty minutes


No comments: