Thursday

Awakening

As a baby I was the centre of attention, or so it seemed.

And then I became the coolest kid on the block, but not for long.

When I reached my teens I thought the world revolved around me. At least, that’s what I believed. I couldn’t have been more wrong!

Years later I reckoned the world owed me a living, but I soon found out it didn’t.

When I felt it was time to settle down I thought I’d have a queue of brides waiting at my door, but there wasn’t.

And when I did eventually wed I thought marriage would be easy. How wrong could I have been.

Now I face the future full of hope and lofty aspirations. I hope I’m not heading for yet another rude awakening!


1 comment:

KBDGR8EST said...

living life is indeed no easy thing- there are days when I feel it swing- the thoughts in the early hours of the mornings ask did I do it right... indeed an awakening!