Friday

I'D LOVE TO WRITE A POEM


I’d love to write a poem
A poem of my own
One which people want to read
So I’ll become well known.

I sit and stare into my screen
The words just fail to flow
I scratch my head and bite my nails
My poem just won’t grow.

The other day a line appeared
inside my fuzzy head.
But could I find some words to rhyme?
I wrote some prose instead.

‘The boy stood on the burning deck’
'Lonely goat herd, hills.’
‘Once more into the breach dear friends’
‘A host of golden daffodils’

If they can do it why can’t I?
It’s not for want of trying.
My friends can do it, it’s not fair
I think I feel like crying.

So let’s have a practice
find some words wot rhyme.
Let's try really really hard
And invest some time.

Bard, card, lard, yard, jarred?
Plop, hop, drop, cop, mop
Kite, white, fight, might, plight
Stop, crop, lop, bop, flop.

That didn’t help,
at least I tried
I don’t know what to do.
But wait a minute,
something stirred!
A feeling that’s quite new.

Here goes!

‘He gazed into her longing eyes
And saw inside her mind.
He gazed at her and realised
that he...he ....he.....’
Oh poo!
 I guess I’ll never make the grade
I’ll never be a bard.
Poetry is not my thing
It’s far too bloody hard!

1 comment:

Pri said...

hahaha awesomely cute! :D